Over Dentures Sydney
What are Over Dentures?
Over Dentures Sydney are dentures specifically designed to go over Dental Implants. They use the implants and a series of bars to form a solid attachment point for a denture plate. So the Over Denture is a denture to go over Implants.
Typically made of plastic resin, Over Dentures are hard wearing and long lasting and less expensive than Full Bridges, but do not have the same aesthetic appeal as the full bridge. Each have their appropriate uses, and both make use of Implant attachment.
Implant Supported Over Dentures
Implant-supported over-dentures or implant dentures are a type of full over-denture that is supported by or attached to dental implants. A regular denture that rests on the gums that tends to fit less firmly. An implant-supported denture has special attachments that snap onto attachments on the implants providing better retention to the over-dentures. An implant supported denture may be done in either the upper or lower jaw.
Benefits of Implant Supported Dentures
– an implant-supported denture is more stable than a regular denture
– enables individuals to speak more easily
– less worry that denture may become loose or fall out of mouth
– able to eat more types of foods but still avoid chewing hard or sticky foods as they can damage the denture
– feels more natural than a regular denture because the denture no longer covers the roof of your mouth
– removable prosthesis, treatment may be based on the patient’s existing conventional denture if wear, function and aesthetics permit for certain cases
– dental implant dentures are a less expensive alternative relative to full fixed bridges
There are two types of implant-supported dentures:
Bar-retained : A thin metal bar that follows the curve of your jaw is attached to two to five implants that have been placed in your jawbone. Clips or other types of attachments are fitted to the bar the denture, or to both. The denture fits over the bar and is securely clipped into place by the attachments.
Ball-retained : Each implant that is embedded in jawbone holds a metal stud attachment that fits into another attachment on the over-denture. In most cases, the attachments on the implants are ball-shaped that fit into sockets on the over-denture but may be reversed in certain cases.
In both cases, the over-denture is normally made of an acrylic base that will look like gums, with porcelain or acrylic teeth that look like natural teeth. Bar-retained dentures require at least three implants. Ball-retained dentures need at least two.
DENTAL IMPLANT CONSULTATION
A Dental Implant Consultation is your chance to explore the Dental Implant Options that are suitable to your circumstances. State-of-the-Art high-def 3D Jaw Scans are taken to allow our Dentists work with you to develop the most accurate and personalised Dental Implant Plan which details recommended treatments, costs involved and appointments required. Extended and Up-front Payment Options will be discussed and our staff can answer any questions you may have.
The different options in Dental Implants Sydney